The Numbers Game
In recent years the importance of capturing and analysing behavioural data has become paramount, not least in applications on devices such as smart phones and tablets. The potentially enormous quantity of data capable of being produced by these devices and their associated applications creates a problem: capturing every input is both expensive to store and may require a lifetime of analysis to understand. Exient is in the process of building an analytics department dedicated to this challenge, by using a combination of analytic, data mining and statistical skills, we are able to analyse masses of game data giving us a deeper understanding of player behaviour, ultimately informing us on how to perfect the game experience.
It is Exient’s ambition to expand this Analytics Department to include economists, business intelligence experts and data scientists all with a passion for games and an ability to translate experiments and analysis into design insights that can be understood by the game teams and the wider business.
Responsibilities of the department Include:
- Assisting with game design and implementation to ensure the experience can be accurately captured, modelled and adjusted in response to findings in the data.
- Researching and modelling of game features such as in-game economies, energy mechanics, upgrade paths, monetisation strategies and core loops.
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of data to identify player pain-points and interests.
- Devising, implementing and running AB tests on live games to optimise gameplay, rates of progression, UI elements and storefronts.
- Working within the project teams ensuring the results of analyses are communicated, understood and utilised.
- Developing and evolve tools for tracking, understanding and optimising players’ experiences.
Exient is looking for an experienced Games Analyst to work at its Malta studio. The candidate will work with the product teams to optimise existing gameplay and drive the development of new features, creating balancing simulations to inform design decisions. The candidate will also monitor game performance and core KPIs on a daily basis, as…