Art Director/Lead Artist
Exient is looking for a skilled, ambitious and team-oriented Art Director/Lead Artist to join us in Leamington Spa! As Art Director, you will be a champion for art, working within a passionate team to create wonderful moments for all our players. You’ll also be part of the management team driving the Studio and the business forward.
You love coaching and inspiring your team of bright young talent, and bright old talent (!), towards excellence. You know what good art looks like and you can drive your vision forward. You enjoy a close collaboration with the entire team, from game designers through to marketing, and being part of a friend working environment.. With an innovative spirit, you are self-driven to seek new opportunities to add value to our range of existing and upcoming games.
Roles & Duties
- Define, communicate and champion the games’ visual style ensuring they are aligned with the target demographic and product goals
- Ensure a consistent art style across all areas of the product
- Set the expectation of the highest levels of quality for all areas of art
- Make sure that all art is delivered to the game in accordance to the technical requirements of the project and the market’s device specifications
- Promote a safe environment for open critique and feedback within the team
- Embed coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing into the daily team activities
- Partner with producers to define and prioritise tasks
- Support the development of existing artists while welcome new artists into our friendly, open environment
- Assist with the performance review process and work closely with the Studio Director to support a healthy and productive art department
Skills & Expertise
We are looking for an established Artist who is ready for the next step in your career. You will bring:
- Great skills with the ability to define, communicate and champion an artistic vision
- Demonstrable experience in problem solving
- Experience in creating mood boards and style guides, as well as other supporting documentation to guide the art team
- A full understanding of all areas of game art and proven track record of successfully leading a team to deliver high quality art & animations in line with project style and goals
- Experience as people manager and an understanding of the mix of competencies you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
- Experience and passion for coaching, developing and leading artists
- Strong communication and organizational skills, you feel at home with project planning
- An advanced level of proficiency with industry standard 2D & 3D software
- Experience in developing software within an agile environment
- Experience of creating casual, mobile, browser based and/or Facebook games
- Experience in UI and UX design
- An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
Make our place of work even better!
Making games is fun, especially when working with like-minded people. We want you to feel part of our team as much as we want our players to fall in love with our games. And because we want to appeal to a huge diversity of players, we want a huge diversity in our teams as well!
Who are we?
Exient Leamington is proud to have created Angry Birds Transformers for Rovio, and Dancing With The Stars/Strictly Come Dancing under license from the BBC. Our small but happy team have big ambitions with a specific focus and we’d love to tell you more about it!