Experienced C++ programmer
Exient Malta is looking for an experienced C++ programmer to join a multi-disciplined team based at our studio in Malta, at our stunning offices on the Valletta waterfront.
About Exient Malta.
Exient is an award-winning development studio and one of world’s leading mobile and handheld video game developers.
We’re best known for our recent work on ‘Angry Birds Go!’ and ‘Angry Birds Transformers’ for mobile platforms, and have previously worked on the award winning Sony Wonderbook game ‘Diggs Nightcrawler’ and a series of critically acclaimed sports titles for Electronic Arts.
Exient Malta is based in the capital city of Valletta, a UNESCO world heritage city and the most southerly european capital in the Mediterranean. The mix of seasoned professionals, young talent and the use of intelligent technological resources, has proven to be a winning formula in establishing and growing this exciting new studio.
We are currently not accepting applications from agencies for this role. Only Direct Applications please.
Roles & Duties
- Work on an ongoing project as a tool/graphic programmer.
- Improve the graphic pipeline so the artists have more time to focus on art.
- Extend the Cocos2d-x code base and exporters
Skills & Expertise
- Graphic programming knowledge required (shaders/animations,…)
- C++ experience mandatory.
- Experience in Cocos2d-x 3.x or at least a C++ engine mandatory.
- Able to extend existing code, design and implement new systems.
- Mobile and/or Windows/Mac development.
- Good (English language) verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and mature attitude.
- Able to fit into the culture and working practices of a given team.
- Proactive in keeping manager and team informed about progress and problems.
- Able to manage own time and workload.
- Demonstrates thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Tool/plugin programming knowledge.
- HTML5/JS or Emscripten experience a real plus.