Exient Malta is looking for a Technical Director to join our studio in sunny Malta, at our stunning offices on the Valetta Waterfront.
Roles & Duties
- Responsible for the technical direction of the studio,
- Contribute to the studio management
- Represents the company with authority and professionalism to externals.
- Oversees the management and personal development of programmers.
- Embraces a company-wide strategic view.
- Represents the needs and interests of the studio in the company context.
- Works collaboratively, with diplomacy and empathy.
- Defines and champions technical quality and standards consistent with company values.
Skills & Expertise
- Expert in C++ and/or C#
- Unity3D and/or Unreal experience mandatory.
- Back end architecture / development experience required (Golang or Nodejs or …)
- Jenkins/Team City or other build machine environment knowledge mandatory.
- Able to optimise and refactor project code, drawing on an understanding of platform hardware, compiler behaviour and optimisation pitfalls.
- Thorough understanding of multithreading, and ability to use it efficiently and reliably.
- More than 10 years of experience in the game industry, with at least 2 years in a manager/lead programmer role.
- Mobile experience required (iOS/Android).
- Good (English language) verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and mature attitude.
- Able to manage own time and workload.
- Demonstrates thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Custom C++ game engine experience a plus.
- Console experience a plus.
Salary based on experience